Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Monday, February 17, 2014

Updated Herd Introduction

Allow me to update you on  the Herd! So much has changed since I began this blog two years ago...

My name is Jessica, and I'm the crazy stay at home mom who manages the Herd. I love being home with my kids, even when things are insanely stressful and hectic.... And I know that I'm doing what I was called to do! Running, Yoga, Reading, Writing (this blog and other things), drinking Single Malt Scotch, classic rock, knitting and learning Gaelic in my "free time" are things that I enjoy. 

I have been married to my amazing husband The High Roller for nearly 9 years, and we've had some amazing adventures.... Some travel related.. But overwhelmingly kid-related. When we had our first child, Butch Cassidy, it took two of us to figure out how to change a diaper. Seriously. But now that we've accepted that we control nothing in this house we are rocking along quite nicely with four kids in our care. We just have to maintain the ILLUSION of control.... Or we really will be in trouble. He's in sales, and plays a lot of cards, and I dig him. A lot.

Butch Cassidy is our wild 7-year old son. He's tall and lanky, headstrong, defiant, very mechanically inclined, extremely affectionate and loving. Although he may be a handful, and likes to drive his siblings to madness, he's the first to defend and take care of them if need arises.

Sundance is our second son that's 6-years old and smart as a whip. Very witty and calculating.... But he's also his brother's partner in crime. They're 14 months apart, and have kept me pulling my hair out for their lifetimes. Sundance is very verbally gifted, and I think he may have some of my OCD tendencies. 

The Princess is our 4 year old daughter, who's sweet as can be but tough as nails. With those outlaws for big brothers, she has to be strong. She started taking slides head-on at 18 months old, and is still a thrill-seeker. She loves doing ballet and any kind of dance, and is the best snuggled I've ever met. 

LLL, Lucky Little Lady, is 2 years old, and has been hell on wheels since she was born. Extremely sweet, adorable and loving, she also tests my patience nonstop. She loves to dance and is passionate about Johnny Rivers' music, blueberries and yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment