Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, February 7, 2014

Clean House Lust


Since Pinterest has made me feel completely inept at keeping my house clean with all of those organizational pins and sample To Do lists and pictures of sparkling clean houses, I am going to start a movement to show what the living rooms of real houses with real kids living in them looks like. 
Who's game? It's like when women constantly see pictures of airbrushed models in swimsuits.... We know it can't be completely real, but it still makes us compare ourselves to them and criticize the amazing bodies we do have. This could be a chance to look at what we all really do have.... And might make me look at the carpet stains.... Scribbles on walls... Socks on the floor etc as a way to see the beauty and fun that having a herd of young kids brings... Rather than focusing on the mess. We could even look at each other's pictures and help each other to see the positives that we overlook in our own homes.... 

What do you think? Would you be brave enough to do this? 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you posted a picture of my living room! ;) I struggle with the same clutter and feelings of failure. It is so frustrating, but I am learning to accept that is just how things will be when I have my kiddos at home. I sure wouldn't exchange them for a clean/tidy house. They make my life complete <3

    ReplyDelete