Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cabin Fever Has Struck

Beginning yesterday afternoon, everyone started snarling at each other... You can tell that everyone needs to get back to their usual routines. The High Roller needed to get back to work... Kids needed to get back to school and their friends... And I needed some quiet and breathing room. I can't clean up something without a Herdmember destroying it in record time... The house even has a smell of captivity and dirty clothes... So I was horrified when school was canceled once again for Thursday. I now can sympathize with my friends who regularly endure snow days and school weather cancellations... It's fun to spend time together and have a break from the grind, but all good things must come to and end.... Unless the ice has other ideas. At least the High Roller went back to work... So he won't have the caged animal look when he comes home... And he's promised to take the boys to the arcade when he gets off work... But only if they have completed a list of chores. I tryi to find the motivation to force them to do it... But I just want to blog and play on Twitter and work on my Gaelic lessons... But no one will let me. I'm waving my white flag... Please melt this ice, Mr. sun! At least I'm looking forward to my run this evening (hopefully won't be as frigid as the other night) and doing more writing. I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm not looking forward to the weekend.... At least the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny, so I can keep everyone busy outside. Or lock them out so that they have to keep themselves busy. 
I attempted to do a semi-fun activity with the Princess this AM while Butch and Sundance were holed up in their room... They had stolen my new pack of gum and chewed it up before I even got out of bed... So she and I made teddy bear Toast! 
As you can see, she had a blast.
LLLis getting so much better at doing her Letter "zuzzle", as she calls it. She needs very little guidance on getting the pieces in the correct order, and can identify most of them by name. Sundance has been working with her, and it's paying off! 
It's so amazing to see how far she has come in the past six weeks. In early December we had her adenoids removed and tubes placed in her ears! because she had serious speech delay. She wasn't talking nearly as much as her older siblings did at that age, and the words she DID say sounded very odd... Nasal. I also noticed she was lip reading a lot, and didn't respond with her back turned, sometimes. I had asked her pediatrician about intervention, but she didn't think it was necessary yet.... So I took her to an ENT myself. He scheduled her for surgery the next day, and I'm so glad we did it. 

This morning, my good friend (we will call her Hot Mama) called me to come over with the herd to play with the kiddies in her care, so we all got to have a play date of sorts and a break from the monotony of the Herd Dome. It's so good to have an understandingfriend that I can discuss my crazy Bipolar issues with, kid rearing situations, and know that I'm not being judged. True friends are far and few between, and I'm glad I have her for one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment