Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Friday, December 28, 2012

There will be Christmas Posts...

Never Fear! But right now I want to blog about something else!!!! For one of Butch Cassidy's Christmas presents from us, I chose The Dangerous Book For Boys.... Which sounds like I may be handing the explosives to the mad scientist, but it teaches and explores so many topics that every boy should know that I wanted him and Sundance to have it. BC had been fascinated with it! He's been wanting to read about the solar system, learn how to tie various knots, hoping that his daddy, Ace, or one of his grandfathers will build the traditional go-cart for which it gives building instructions and so much more. Yesterday, he approaches me at a very busy moment (what part of my day isn't busy????) and wanted me to help him make the awesome paper airplane that's in the book. I put him off for about an hour and finally, he looked at me and said, "You know, you would really have fun learning this, too. This book is amazing." So I begrudgedly sat down and started reading the instructions with him on how to make the various airplanes... And we learned how to make a seriously fast and cool airplane. And I had fun. I just have to remind myself he will remember and appreciate this kind of stuff, even though it's also important for me to get housework done. It's also not just important for him... It's important for me to have fun and play, too. And enjoy my kids rather than just working to keep their physical needs met. Today he wanted to make a paper Hat described in the book, and I immediately took him up on it. We really need newspaper to make the correct size to fit his head... The construction paper yielded a hat that looked more like Robin Hood's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment