Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Post Office Smackdown

Some back story before we get to the Herd's involvement here and how their insanity can be used to my advantage.
Tuesday morning I took the Princess and LLL to the PO to get my passport renewed, and the service was deplorable. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the victim of racial discrimination... Had a line jumping incident that was facilitated by a postal worker of the sane race as the line jumpers, and I was forced to sit there with two small kids for an hour. Finally it HAD to be my turn, and the postal worker decided to take her lunch break. Because I was so infuriated, they sent another postal worker to help me... He was a cross between a gum-smacking good ole boy and a bad Joe Namath impersonator. When he called me honey and told me I had wasted an hour bc I was missing a document, I left almost in tears, Princess and LLL in tow. I decided to pay the USPS back for the treatment I received, by picking the boys up from school and taking all four of the Herd to the PO. Anyone who knows me knows that I pretty well keep my kids under lock and key in public. Not this time. I let them run WILD in the PO until I was served. In a matter of about 2 minutes, someone came flying in from the back room to wait on me. At this point, I called off the Herd. They sat down on the bench quietly and waited until I was finished with the passport stuff. We then got up, and marched out of the PO like a row of ducks. THAT my friends, is how you get quick service in the post office. Look out DMV, the Herd is coming for you.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaa! Love it! Not that you had such a rough first visit, but that you were able to get payback!

    ReplyDelete